At Acupuncture & Chiropractic Clinic of Iowa, Dr. Kime specializes in a unique chiropractic technique known as KST.
KST stands for Koren Specific Technique, which is a gentle approach to a chiropractic adjustment. Unlike manual manipulations, there are no loud “cracks” or “pops” of your joints. Using an Arthrostim, a chiropractic adjusting tool, KST allows you to get a specific adjustment to your body that’s gentle enough to adjust sleeping newborns.
KST uses the Arthrostim to correct subluxations within your body. Subluxations are a form of nerve stress caused by distortions in your body and spine. Dr. Kime will ask your body what needs to be treated and in what position (whether sitting or standing) and adjust to your body’s needs.
What conditions do chiropractors treat?
- Chiropractors care for patients of all ages with varying health conditions. Doctors of Chiropractic are widely known for their expertise in caring for patients with back and neck pain. Co-managing Chiropractic, Acupuncture and nutrition, chiropractic serves every patient treating a wide range of injuries and disorders from musculoskeletal to general medical conditions.
Does chiropractic treatment require a referral from an MD?
- A referral is usually not necessary to see a Doctor of Chiropractic.
Is chiropractic treatment safe?
- Chiropractic is considered one of the safest drug-free, non-invasive therapies available in today’s society. Doctors of Chiropractic are well trained health care professionals with many years of practice and training. Their clinical experience has trained the Doctors to provide safe and effective care for many conditions while identifying patients with special risks. Many patients feel immediate relief following a chiropractic treatment. Some, however, may experience mild soreness following treatment similar to that after a workout. This soreness commonly fades within 24 hours of the onset.
Do insurance plans cover chiropractic?
- Most plans have chiropractic coverage, however, each plan is very different. The insurance company needs to be called to see if the policy is in network with us, and if there are chiropractic benefits.
What type of education and training do chiropractors have?
- Chiropractors have to attain a DC (Doctor of chiropractic) degree through an accredited university. This degree is a minimum of three years schooling in addition to the pre-requisite courses.